Dear all, how are you? I hope you are doing great in this quarantine period. This is Ms. Friska’s website where I share my experience and strategies to promote reading is fun to people around, and now to you too 🙂 Today’s library session topic is about the Rainbow Fish and The Big Blue Whale. I have the recorded storytelling below, please have a watch 🙂
Sometimes, if you are in doubt, all you have to is just ask 🙂
Marcus Pfister was born the 30th of July 1960 in Bern, Switzer-land. He attended the Art School of Bern and then completed an apprenticeship as a Graphic Designer. From 1981-1983 he worked as a Graphic Designer at the publicity agency Alexandre Ott in Zurich. He then took off six months and traveled across the United States, Canada and Mexico. When he re-turned to Switzerland he started working as an independent Graphic Artist. Between 1984 and 1985 he made the sketches for his first picture book “The Sleepy Owl”. It was published in 1986 by North-South Books, this was the beginning of a long collaboration both as a book writer and illustrator.
- 1992: Christopher Award, New York
- 1993: Critici in Erba Prize, Bologna
- 1993: 1. Preis Ulmer Bilderbuchspatz
- 1993: Prix spécial des Libraires religieux pour le livre d’enfant, Valence
- 1994: Prix de la Jeunesse, Cherbourg
- 1994: ABBY-Nomination
- 1995: North Dakota Flicker Tale Children’s Book Award,Nomination
- 1995: ABBY-Award
- 1995: North-Carolina Children’s Book Award for Picture Books, NCASL
- 1996: Readers’ Choice Award, Michigan Reading Association
- 1997: Steirische Leseeule
- 2010: 3 Apples Book Award, New York Library Association Nomination
Marcus Pfister created and illustrated 4 books series as:
- Penguin Pete (6 books)
- Abenteuer von Mats (2 books), adventurous story about Milo the mice.
- Hopper (5 books), adventurous story about Hopper the arctic hare with his friends at the forest
- Rainbow Fish and Friends (10 books), the most popular series written by Marcus Pfister
Rainbow Fish in Animation
Why Rainbow Fish and Friends are very popular? The first book of the series, The Rainbow Fish is an eye-catching foil stamping, glittering on every page, offers instant child-appeal but delivers it’s universal message about sharing. It is about a beautiful fish (Rainbow Fish) who learns to make friends by sharing his most prized possessions.
The Rainbow Fish and Friends series is developed into 10 books and turned into television animation. Now, these 52 episodes of the series are available in Youtube. You may watch it and enjoy more adventure underwater with Rainbow Fish and his friends 🙂