Dear all, how are you? I hope you are doing great in this quarantine period. This is Ms. Friska’s website where I share my experience and strategies to promote reading is fun to people around, and now to you too 🙂 Today’s library session topic is about this surprising story with title: “Sky Color.” I have the recorded storytelling below, please have a watch 🙂
Sky Color Fun Sheet
We are so happy to see how Marisol could overcome the challenge she had: how to color the sky without blue. There are so many ways to describe the beauty of our sky 🙂
Therefore, Candlewick Press provided us a fun sheet to enjoy Sky Color story more. You could download the file below:
Sky Color is written and illustrated by Peter H. Reynolds or Peter Hamilton Reynolds. Not only working as an author, he also a bookshop owner and a founder of FableVision, an a advocate for creativity and children of all ages.
He attended Fitchburg State College, from 1978-1983, and Massachusetts College of Art, 1979-1980. He received number of awards for his works:
- Media and Methods Excellence in Education Award,
- Parenting magazine award,
- Parents’ Choice Award,
- Educom Distinguished Software award, and Technology and Learning Award of Excellence, for work on Tom Snyder Productions projects;
- Telly Award second place,
- ASIFA-East, and BDA International Design Silver Award, both for The Blue Shoe;
- ASIFA-East third-place honor and ASIFA-Hollywood Annie nomination, both 1999, both for Living Forever;
- National Education Association Top 100 Books listee, 2000, for The North Star;
- named Shaper of the Future 2000,
- Converge magazine;
- Christopher Award,
- Oppenheim Toy Portfolio Platinum Award,
- Irma S. and James H. Black Honor Book,
- Bank Street College of Education,
- Chicago Public Library Best Book designation
- Chapman Award for Best Classroom Read-aloud, all 2004, all for The Dot.
He has both written and illustrated books:
- Playing from the Heart
- Sky Color
- Rose’s Garden
- The North Star
- So Few of Me
- The Best Kid in the World
- My Very Big Little World
- The Dot
- Sydney’s Star
Questions & Answers
Ini his website, Peter H. Reynolds answer questions from children all over the world.
- What was the first book that you ever wrote?
- How many books have you made?
- What is your favorite book?
- How long does it take you to make a book?
You could find the answers here.
In the quarantine time of Corona pandemic, Peter H. Reynolds has a reading aloud session live in his social media, everyday at 12.00 noon EST Boston time. In Indonesia (Jakarta Time), it would be around 11 pm.
Ms. Friska frequently attended Peter H. Reynolds’ read aloud live in his social media (Facebook). I found it amusing! He was not only telling us the story but also where the inspiration come from and his sketches of ideas for his forthcoming books.
A very rare opportunity for us the readers to meet him in person. If you are not available at 11 pm (I believe you have already gone sleep), you still could catch up with his recorded read aloud in his social media page).